Colvin Scholarship – Graduate
Due Date: Friday, January 18, 2019
Developed in 1999 as Louis M. “Mick” Colvin retired as executive director, the Colvin Scholarship Fund (CSF) recognizes his role in making dreams a reality and inspiring others to be their best. Colvin co-founded the Certified Angus Beef ® program in 1978, leading it to provide the world’s leading brand of fresh beef.
The purpose of the graduate-level scholarship is to promote quality education and development of research benefiting industry efforts towards high quality beef production. The scholarship, valued at $7,500, will be awarded in March 2019.
Applications will be reviewed by the Colvin Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee and evaluated on:
A. Individual academic performance and research potential, leadership positions and industry activities, based on the academic record of the student, information and letters of reference provided.
B. Potential impact of the project on the beef industry and to meat science, keeping in mind that some projects may have a significant impact only in the long term. Scientific merit and innovation of the project, including contribution of the research to basic knowledge.
1. Graduate students in any year of a recognized, full-time masters or doctorate program, who are conducting applied or basic research, are eligible to apply.
2. Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry through pursuit of a graduate degree in meat science, food science, animal science, economics, marketing, business, communications, or other degree related to the production of high quality beef through selected curriculum.
3. In addition to completing all required fields in the online application, please upload the following:
4. All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the recipient for tuition or other direct college expenses.
5. Certified Angus Beef LLC employees’ immediate family members are not eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted by Jan. 18, 2019.
The Colvin Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee administers all fundraising, judging criteria and award selection. Applicant will be notified of results by March 2019. The top applicant will win an all-expense paid trip to the 2019 Certified Angus Beef ® Annual Conference, Sept. 23-25, 2019 in Asheville, North Carolina!
Questions? Please contact Trudi Hoyle at 330-345-2333, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org