Undergraduate Colvin Scholarship Application
Due Date: Friday, January 18, 2019
Developed in 1999 when Louis M. “Mick” Colvin retired as executive director, the scholarship recognizes his role in making dreams a reality and inspiring others to be their best. Colvin co-founded the Certified Angus Beef ®program in 1978, leading it to provide the world’s leading brand of fresh beef. This scholarship benefits tomorrow’s leaders who are involved in their communities and the beef industry.
Five undergraduate scholarships totaling $26,000 will be awarded.
The $7,500 scholarship goes to the top applicant, judged in this order of importance: complete application submitted, activities and scholastic achievement, communication skills—both essay and verbal—and reference letters. The top applicant will also win an all expense-paid trip to the 2019 Certified Angus Beef ® Annual Conference, Sept. 23-25, 2019 in Asheville, North Carolina! Applicants ranking second through fifth, based on the same criteria, will receive scholarships of $6,500, $5,000, $4,000 and $3,000, respectively.
1. Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry through pursuit of a meat science, food science, animal science, marketing, business, communications, journalism or other degree related to the beef industry through activities and curriculum.
2. Available only to students who have enough credit hours to be classified as a junior or senior at the beginning of the 2019 spring semester or quarter, at a four-year institution. Past, present and current interns of Certified Angus Beef LLC are eligible.
3. In addition to completing all required fields in the online application, please upload the following:
4. All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the recipient for tuition, fees, books, room and board or other direct college expenses.
5. Certified Angus Beef LLC employees’ immediate family members are not eligible to apply.
Complete online application, or e-mail application and any attachments to Trudi Hoyle at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted by Jan. 18, 2019.
The Colvin Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee administers all fundraising, judging criteria and award selection. Applicant will be notified of results by March 2019.
Questions? Please contact Trudi Hoyle at 330-345-2333, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org